Friday, June 17, 2011

Drunk on a ladder. Round 12.

Oh yes, so much has happened since last we met. So much and and so little.
Apologies once again for being a dirty stop-out. You see what often happens is I just get the ladder done, it's home time, I have nothing to say (never did really). Then I just miss the presses basically.
That and my spiralling love and respect for our beautiful game at the moment. The year is not quite what it was meant to be, for many of us....
Anyhoo, here we are.
And my goodness, the drought is well busted isn't it? A solitary eight up til round 10 and then a whole heap of 'em all on top of each other. But the one that matters, the only one, was Fordy's magnificent solo effort in Round 11. For this he wins Uncle Doug's hamper, a Tontine pillow, a size 8 frozen chicken from Tegel and around about 80 or so bucks. Congrats mate.
Apologies and commiserations to my old mate Dirk, who in the interim pulled out a perfect 7 (in a week of 7 games). Last time I looked 7 is not 8, but if you want to get a petition together to have 7/7 considered an 8 I'll be happy to view it thus.
To the rest of you, about ten of you, who picked up 8 last week, well done, but due to a crowd of you reminiscent of the 112 Tram, stiff, you get nothing. Timing is all.
Anyway here's the latest state of play. Tassy and Jesper tussling it out a couple clear and the eight looking pretty consistent, but quite a few not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment