Friday, April 15, 2011

Bring back El Nino...

Apologies for little-noticed absence last week, we're back on air and bouncing around like Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls.

I don't know about you guys, but this tipping thing's just not working out for me. I'm just not meant to be sitting one of the bottom of the ladder. I blame El Nino's little sister La Nina, or is it his wife? Or is that White Stripes? What the fuck am I talking about?

I could go on about missing all the close ones, but it won't do anyone any good. Let's just forget the first 3 rounds never happened and start from here.

Apologies for the silence especially to Jesper, who pulled an 8 out of his Corn Flakes pack in round 2, Good news for him is he wins the jackpot. Good news for the rest of us is it's only $20.
Jesper is still sitting out in front however, and looking like his code change is going a helluva lot better than Issy Folau's.

Remember if you can't really see this, just click on it and sit back quick.

I'm still watching, waiting and hoping for a chop-out with some posts from fellow drunks. Alright the Saints are shit, but for god sake tell us about it. I'd tell you about the Dees games I've seen, but I'm not a sympathy-seeker.

3 comments:

  1. What are you on about Dick.... It' been a bit wet, the long kick is making a welcome return, Stynes has his hair back, and Collingwood are getting all the accolades. Richmond got robbed against the Saints-bigtime due to terrible umpire decisions that cost us 2 certain goals, (by the way, love the pic of Robbie McGhie).Can't wait to get to a ground soon. Saw the Tiges Train on Punt Road on Thursday, very intimate it was...The Saints/Lyons have lost the plot- the window is shut, the bad smell stays inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand it myself Dirk. Just drawing comparisons with the floods, earthquakes, cyclones, tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns, my tipping and other world-changing disasters.... 2 words La Nina!
    I reckon even training in the Punt Rd traffic didn't really prepare the Toigs for the Pies... but may go some way toward explaining Polack's decision to tackle a tram a coupla seasons back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember how a few years ago everyone hated Fremantle as they lost the games they should win? and everyone kept tipping them despite of this fact? and kept hating them even more?

    -Pretty sure that team is now Adelaide. Won't be the worst thing for your score if you don't tip them again this year.
    and what about the Eagles? where did come from? Pweelse...

    ReplyDelete