Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome fellow Drunks to another season of pure Drunkness.

As I've said elsewhere, this years Drunk looks like being a tad leaner and meaner than previous years.
For one thing, my input will be reduced a little under a new father/son rule. This is a good thing for all of us. I've been assured of editorial comment from other Drunks, which I'm really looking forward to.
There'll be no Celebrity Head this year, in its place I've settled on a masthead featuring what has to be the best footy shot ever. Smokin' Robbie McGee. The classic shot by Renie Ellis, used totally without permission, but at least with this acknowledgment.

Stripped back a little also in terms of number of Drunks this year.
33 Drunks have come through the turnstiles this year, down, I think, from 39 last year.
One new chap this year, welcome Andy 'Logger' Lloyd, who's already provided safe haven for a few slow Drunks who failed to make the cut in the League of Drunks DreamTeam league, in his league.

The first game is down, we have about 180-odd to go. If we take them one game at a time we'll be here all year, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment